Prof. em. Dr. rer. nat. Hans Günter Gassen
I remain a member of the TU Darmstadt with traditional rights and duties, free of lectures and research. Two topics are particularly close to my heart, on which I will continue to work in the future:
- the promotion of biotechnology and in particular of medium-sized biotech companies in Germany.
- to achieve a broad commitment of citizens to support brain research in Germany.
We want to achieve this with exciting lectures and comprehensible books.
- 1958-1964 Study of chemistry at the University of Marburg
- 1964-1966 PhD in biochemistry (enzymology)
- 1967-1969 Research stay (post-doc) with Dr. Waldo E. Cohn, Oak Ridge Nat. Lab, USA
- 1969-1971 Research on protein biosynthesis with Prof. Dr. H. Matthaei at the Max Planck Institute for Experimental Medicine in Göttingen
- 1972 habilitation
- 1973 Call to the C4 professorship of biochemistry at the Technical University of Darmstadt, head of the biochemistry department
- 1985 Foundation and management of the research association “Applied genetic engineering” (Röhm, Merck, Grünenthal)
- 1986-1987 Dean of the chemistry department at the TH Darmstadt
- 1988-1990 Managing Director of the Institute of Biochemistry
- 1991-1998 Chairman of the Division of Biochemistry in the German Chemical Society (GDCh)
- 1996-1998 Dean of the Department of Chemistry at the TH Darmstadt
- 1998-2001 Managing Director of the Institute of Biochemistry
- 1990-2005 Expert witness in about 20 patent disputes
- Emeritus professor since 1.4.2004
- 1993 B.R.A.I.N GmbH
- 1998 GENIUS GmbH
- 1999 N-Zyme BioTec GmbH
- 2000 ESPLORA GmbH
- 2007 Zedira GmbH